orange_yellow

senseless art of a tortured soul

Friday, May 27, 2005

Me,mok and milo ais.

Conversations of a barely breathing soul with an articulate soundman.


Most people would say that life’s a bitch till you die,it’s not entirely true.Actually , life itself is a living hell thus when you are in hell,it would seem like heaven and heaven would be an oblivion.As I am writing this, it is one thirtyseven in the morning.No I’m not high and no I’m not insomniac.
I just felt like writing.Anyhow, back to what I was saying.
Life is a living hell.I am the living proof of that statement.Five long years has past since I got my ambitious arse out of the creative instituition and as ironic as it may seemed, the goals that I’ve set out for myself has not been achieved yet.By now, I already am an art director but sadly, I am not.Five more years for me to achieve my goals.I am wondering that if time really do waits for no man.The fact is, they don’t.No, I’m not worried about getting old.I’m worried that by the time I turn thirty, I’m still not where I’m suppose to be.By thirty, I would at least made something out of myself.Infact, each ticking moment of time, each grain of sand trickling down the funnel,each night and day of my life is passing by,fast.It’s a horrible thought.You know how they say that it’s a whole new world to explore once you’re out of college,it’s pure BS.BULLOCKS.People in this line will totally abuse your talent.One thing’s for sure ; cheap labour.Everyone loves it.Save cost, full usage.Killing half a dozen birds or more with one tiny pebble, not even a stone, mind you.
I was talking to a very good friend of mine one late night over milo ais andbasically I was feeling like shit.I was telling him how fuct up my life has became since the beginning of the year, the fact that I was un-employed since october of last year, there were one or two shoots I was on but that was it.I was in a rut.Broke down and cried.Crying won’t do much but it did some good to my soul.I finally got into some freelance graphic jobs which doesn’t pay well and constant.Fact is there wasn’t any b/w and that was one of my mistake.Anyhow, I am lost and this other shit happened..as if I need another piece of shit in my life.Some guy’s missus called me up thinking I was one of her husband’s infidels.The only reason I called the guy was for some fast cash job but I did not take it in the end.In the end I called up one of my friend who gave me this guy’s number and gave him a piece of my mind and told him to clear the misunderstood situation.Aside from that, these jokers I’m freelancing for is delaying my pay with some really, really unacceptable excuses.Eventually later that week they paid me, 60% less of what they should have but hey, at least they paid me.Like I said earlier I felt really really FUCT UP.SO this was what my friend , Mok said.
“May, try to strip off every bad thing that ever happened to you and every crap job you’ve encountered…and add on new parts onto the ruins of your life.”
I was lost for a moment.More like dumb-be-founded.I had to ask him for his definition of what he had just said.
“What do you actually mean by that?”At this point, I do feel like a dumb blonde.I’m not.
“Y’know that show on MTV called PIMP MY RIDE?Imagine that you’re this old rusted VW, you take off everything that needs to be replaced.. strip man!Strip the paint, the wheels… the doors..the windows… the engine until what is left of you is just the skeleton, the chasis.From there, you reconstruct yourself into a brand new VW.In other words,take all the negative points and occurance, thrash them far..far away and gather the positivity to form a brand new you”
I liked what he said.It makes sense and I agree with what he had said.Sometimes, I don’t really know how he got these ideas but it works for me, twice.Mok’s a manager of his very own sound studio which he set up on his own two years ago and it’s still running well until today.
No, he ain’t no messiah,he’s just a very good friend of mine who has his own way of putting things into perspective.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Free Web poll for your Web site - freepolls.com